Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not once, but twice

I believe God is putting me through a season of testing in faith/trust in Him. Ever since the first move I made to come here is faith, trusting that He will bring it through. I need to learn to trust Him about situations in my life. Thinking back to cooking team week. God has shown me a His faithfulness in a tangible way. I needed that. Why? Because I believe He wants me to see that I can trust Him even with the smallest things. Lately I have been having a lot thoughts about you, about the future, about things that might happen, might not happen. I was reminded this morning in my devotion to trust in Him. "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." -Prov 3:5-6. I need to just lay it all at His feet and stop taking it back into my own hands, trying to understand it and solve it with my head. Like with the faith meal, how did God provide? It almost sounds insane to not cook and expect Him to. But He came through, not just once, but twice. I need to have the same attitude for the situations in my life right now. He will not only do it once, but twice. All I have to do is to trust in Him til the end because He will make it through for me. Not once, but twice.

No comments: